FAAST Dual Vision
The FAAST 8000 Series Aspirating Smoke Detectors combines dual source (blue LED and infrared laser) optical smoke detection with intelligent fire alarm panel connectivity using an analogue addressable loop.
The detectors provides Early Warning, and Very Early Warning, smoke detection, using an air sampling system that continuously draws air from the controlled environment into the detector chamber through a sampling pipe.
The three-stage filtering and particle rejection system ensures high sensitivity to smoke with excellent immunity to nuisance particles. The particle separator ensures that heavy particles bypass the detection chamber, extending filter life and preventing detection chamber contamination. An easily replaceable filter protects the chamber from other large particles. The shape of the detection chamber is designed to resist the buildup of nuisance particles. The dual source sensing system employs advanced software to combine the signals from two separate light sensors for maximum smoke sensitivity while rejecting signals from nuisance particles.
- Draws air through a network of sampling pipes
- High sensitivity for extremely early smoke detection
- Five alarm levels and two sensitivity modes provide application flexibility
- Dual flow detection including both ultrasonic and electronic sensing for pipe and chamber air flow
- Advanced detection algorithms reject common nuisance conditions
- Patented particle separator and field-replaceable filter remove contaminants from the system
- PipeIQ® software provides intuitive system layout, configuration, and monitoring all in one package
- Monitoring and configuration via Modbus/TCP protocol over Ethernet
- Unique air flow pendulum graph verifies pipe network functionality
- Particulate graph displays subtle environmental changes for early problem indications
View complete FAAST product range here.
Enquire about this product